To receive and note
DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Members are invited to declare any declarable interests, including the nature & extent of such interests, that they may have in any items to be considered at this meeting. (Members should leave the chamber).
- Members of the public are invited to address the council on matters relating to this parish and 15 minutes in total has been set aside for this agenda item (standing orders allow up to 3 mins per person to speak on a topic).
- To receive District and County Councillors reports.
The Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 9th December 2015 for consideration and if agreed for the Chair to sign as a true and correct record
To consider any applications for co-option and if required to receive Declarations of Acceptance of Office and provide the forms for completion of the Register of Interests.
NB: Members of the public please note. Plans of the following applications are available in the office of the Town Clerk, to view by appointment. If any copies of letters to SHDC, stating objections or support for these applications, could be made available for the Town Council when it is making its recommendations it would be very helpful. Or of course members of the public are very welcome to come and speak in the Open Forum section of the meeting.
To note the responses already submitted to District Planning under delegated authority during the holiday period:
- 2662/15/FUL Construction of timber garden room to the existing terrace Amethyst Two, Russell Court, Salcombe Devon TQ8 8BS – Applicant Tracey Goodwin. Objection. Town Council felt that the removal of the tiled roof and replacement with a wall would have a detrimental effect on the Conservation Area. It was also suggested that the proposed wall could have an impact on light levels into the properties to the rear and opposite in Russell Court in relation to their velux windows.
- 2756/15/HHO Householder application for proposed alteration and dormer extensions to dwelling Tyndale 3 Coronation Road, Salcombe Devon TQ8 8EA – Applicant Mr and Mrs A Fawcett – No objection.
- 2807/15/HHO Householder application for proposed roof extension Byelanes, Moult Road, Salcombe, Devon TQ8 8LG – Applicant No objection
For councillors to consider the following applications and send observations to the District as Planning Authority:
- 2695/15/LBC Listed building consent for replacement of 1no. existing window and remedial works to exterior render, beneath replacement window following tidal erosion 5 Clifton Place, Salcombe, Devon TQ8 8BX – Applicant Mr D. Field
- 3023/15/HHO Householder application for erection of single garage Perrotts, Higher Batson, Salcombe TQ8 8NE- Mr D.Hickton
AUTO ENROLMENT – PENSION
To consider the options with regard to the Government requirement for town and parish councils to set up a pension for their employees subject to the staging date of 1st February 2016.
PRECEPT 2016 – 2017
To receive the proposals and consider future projects and town requirements before approving the draft budget in order that a request for such can be forwarded to District Council.
PARK AND RIDE
(a) to review the timetable for 2016
(b) to approve the surfacing works carried out at the car park
(c) to receive quotes for works to the height barriers up to a cost of £500
(d) to consider all advertising options for 2016 to include on bus advertising, car park tickets and map border.
To review responses from councillors with regard to any changes to Traffic Orders in relation to parking in Salcombe.
FENCING OF LAND
(a) to approve the course of action to protect the perimeter of the other areas of open space
(b) to agree a response to Pennon Group PLC in relation to the reservoir boundary.
MAINTENANCE REVIEW AND ADDITIONAL WORKS
To receive a report back from the working party with regard to contract and additional works.
- Attendance at committees and other relevant meetings
To receive invoices for payment (to be approved).
The next meeting will be held on Wednesday 27th January 2016 at 6.30p.m.