To receive and note
2. ELECTION OF THE TOWN MAYOR AND SIGNING OF DECLARATION OF ACCEPTANCE OF OFFICE
To receive nominations for Town Mayor and upon election receive the Declaration of Acceptance of Office of Mayor.
3. ELECTION OF DEPUTY TOWN MAYOR AND SIGNING OF DECLARATION OF ACCEPTANCE OF OFFICE
To receive nominations for Deputy Town Mayor and upon election receive the Declaration of Acceptance of Office of Deputy Mayor.
4. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Members are invited to declare any declarable interests, including the nature & extent of such interests, that they may have in any items to be considered at this meeting. (Members should leave the chamber).
5. WORKING PARTIES AND REPRESENTATIVES ON OUTSIDE ORGANISATIONS
To consider any changes on working parties and representatives on both these and outside organisations.
6. INSPECTION OF DOCUMENTS
To review any Leases, Tree Surveys and other legal obligations.
7. OPEN FORUM
• Members of the public are invited to address the council on matters relating to this parish and 15 minutes in total has been set aside for this agenda item (standing orders allow up to 3 mins per person to speak on a topic).
• To receive District and County Councillors reports.
Minutes of the meeting held on;
(a) Wednesday 22nd April 2015 for consideration and if agreed for the Chair to sign as a true and correct record
(b) Monday 27th April 2015 being the Annual Town Meeting to note.
9. PLANNING APPLICATIONS
NB: Members of the public please note. Plans of the following applications are available in the office of the Town Clerk, to view by appointment. If any copies of letters to SHDC, stating objections or support for these applications, could be made available for the Town Council when it is making its recommendations it would be very helpful. Or of course members of the public are very welcome to come and speak in the Open Forum section of the meeting.
For councillors to consider the following applications and send observations to the District as Planning Authority:
• 0801/15/F Householder application for alterations and extension to existing house Grenville Cottage, Grenville Road, Salcombe TQ8 8BJ – Applicant Mr D. Jackson
• 0917/15/F Householder application for new external staircase and doorway Thimble Cottage, Higher Batson, Salcombe TQ8 8NF – Applicant Mr J.G.Sowerby
• 0918/15/LB Listed building consent for alterations to dwelling and new garage and sun room to replace existing garage Smugglers, Lower Batson, Salcombe TQ8 8NJ – Applicant Mr & Mrs G. Coats
• 0919/15/F Householder application for alterations to dwelling and new garage and sun room to replace existing garage Smugglers, Lower Batson, Salcombe TQ8 8NJ – Applicant Mr & Mrs G. Coats
WORKS TO TREE PRESERVATION ORDER TREES: GRANT OF EXEMPTION
• 0946/15/TW Site: The Moult, Cliff Road, Salcombe TQ8 8LE Grant of Exemption for Works Elms. Removal of hanging limbs, deadwood and felling of dead Elm trees.
10. PARK AND RIDE INTERNAL BARRIERS
(a) ratify the placement of an order for the provision of internal barriers at a cost of less than £2000
(b) to consider the quotes for the internal fencing.
(c) To consider proposals for car park and bus turning area upgrade.
(d) approve the mobile phone protocol
11. THE BERRY
(a) To consider a draft letter to be sent to residents adjacent to The Berry
(b) To consider requesting Section 106 money to secure the border of the Berry up to a cost of £8500.
12. EMERGENCY PLAN
To consider and approve the draft Emergency Plan.
13. YEAR ENDING MARCH 2015 ACCOUNTS
To receive the annual accounts and if approved to complete Section 2 of the Annual Governance Statement for year ended 2014/15
14. SHADYCOMBE CEMETERY GATES
To consider the quotes received with regard to reinstatement of these gates up to a cost of £3000.
15. SECURE ACCESS
To discuss what changes are required to passwords, padlock codes and removal of email addresses.
16. THE BLOCK VOTE CAMPAIGN
To consider whether town council would support this campaign to:
1) To secure a 35% stakeholder vote for Parish and Town Councils, in matters of planning and related matters of community ‘business’,
2) To secure a new provision in the Planning Act, which places an obligation on all applicants who wish to appeal a planning refusal to know they will have to bear all costs in the outcome, irrespective of what the outcome is.
17. STREET SIGN CLEANING
To consider the quotes to carry out cleaning of highway and town signage by using the TAP (Town and Parish) Fund.
18. WAR MEMORIAL PLANTERS
(a) Alternative planters provided by town councillors
(b) If no alternatives offered to approve the purchase of four planters as per Welcome Garden contractor quote up to a cost of £350.
• Attendance at committees and other relevant meetings
To receive invoices for payment (to be approved).
21. NEXT MEETING
The next meeting will be on Wednesday 27th May 2015 at 6.30p.m.