To receive and note
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Members are invited to declare any declarable interests, including the nature & extent of such interests, that they may have in any items to be considered at this meeting. (Members should leave the chamber).
3. OPEN FORUM
• Members of the public are invited to address the council on matters relating to this parish and 15 minutes in total has been set aside for this agenda item (standing orders allow up to 3 mins per person to speak on a topic).
• To receive District and County Councillors reports.
The Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday July 2015 for consideration and if agreed for the Chair to sign as a true and correct record
To consider any applications for co-option and if required to receive Declarations of Acceptance of Office and provide the forms for completion of the Register of Interests.
6. PLANNING APPLICATIONS
NB: Members of the public please note. Plans of the following applications are available in the office of the Town Clerk, to view by appointment. If any copies of letters to SHDC, stating objections or support for these applications, could be made available for the Town Council when it is making its recommendations it would be very helpful. Or of course members of the public are very welcome to come and speak in the Open Forum section of the meeting.
The following applications were considered and responses sent to District by the Town Clerk under delegated power during the August recess period:
• 1275/15/F Householder application for alterations and improvements to existing dwelling 29 Round Berry Drive, Salcombe, TQ8 8LY – Mrs D Wyllie-Sayed
• 1529/15/F Single storey rear extension at Beadon Park B, Main Road, Salcombe TQ8 8AE – Mrs S. Bentley
• 1581/15/F Decking at Swiss Cottage, Forster Road, Salcombe TQ8 8EB – Applicant Mr and Mrs A. Jones
• 1631/15/F Garage & landscaping works at Ash Tree House, Knowle Road
• 1681/15/F Rear extension and alterations at Westgarth, Bonaventure Road, Salcombe TQ8 8BE – Applicant Mr S. Culley
• 41/1709/15/F Alterations to dwelling at 15 Island Street, Salcombe TQ8 8DP – Applicant Andrew Guest Settlement Trust
For councillors to consider the following applications and send observations to the District as Planning Authority:
• 1023/15/F READVERTISEMENT (Revised Plans Received) Demolition of existing dwelling and erection of building to contain 6No apartments with associated landscaping and car parking Spion Lodge, Bennett Road, Salcombe TQ8 8JJ – Applicant De Sable Property
• 1738/15/F Restrospective householder application for levelling of rear section of existing hardstanding and construction of double garage 5 Berry Close, Salcombe TQ8 8BP – Applicant Mr J. Piner
• 1761/15/F Householder application for installation of balcony Roseland, Main Road, Salcombe TQ8 8AA – Ms. E. McLarty
• 1777/15/F Householder application for construction of new garage on existing raised hard standing and associated works East Cottage, Raleigh Road, Salcombe TQ8 8AY – Applicant Mr G. McColl
• 1778/15/F Retrospective householder application for erection of summerhouse in garden 1 Malt Cottage, Torr Hill, Lower Batson, Salcombe TQ8 8NJ – Applicant Mr D. Collins
• 1797/15/F Construction of replacement dwelling with swimming pool and landscaping Netherwood, Bennett Road, Salcombe TQ8 8JJ – Applicant Mrs J. Morton
• 1802/15/F Householder application for proposed rebuild and reconfigure of existing extension 10 Island Street, Salcombe, TQ8 8DP (further updated drawings also supplied) – Applicant Mrs A. Parratt
• 1804/15/F Householder application for extension of existing dormer windows Fintry, Loring Road, Salcombe TQ8 8BL – Applicant Mr S. Ward
• 1807/15/F Householder application for alteration and extension 1 Berry Close, Salcombe TQ8 8BP – Applicant Dr. J. Mawdesley-Thorn
• 1855/15/VAR Variation of condition 7 of planning consent 41/0429/14/F (change of roof material) Moult Hill Barn, Moult Hill, Salcombe TQ8 8LF – Applicant Mrs N. Murray
WORK TO TREE PRESERVATION ORDER TREES
• 1605/15/TW Site: Woodcot, Cliff Road, Salcombe TQ8 8JU Proposal to Reduce primary limb of Holm Oak by 3metres away from greenhouse and Reduce x 2 co-dominant stems of Sweet Chestnut to lowest primary limb as per tree survey.
• 1853/15/TW (No. 5) Site: National Trust, Overbecks, Sharpitor, Salcombe TQ8 8LW Proposal to Fell T1, T2 and T3 and coppice T4 Cinnamomum camphora. Fell T5 Fagus Sylvatica.
• 1854/15/TW Site: Lammas Coombe, Main Road, Salcombe TQ8 8JW Proposal to Crown thin Holm Oak by 30% with Crown reduction by 3 to 4metres.
• 1881/TW Site: White Lodge, Sandhills Road, Salcombe TQ8 8JP Proposal to fell Liriodendron tulipifera.
• 1907/15/TW Site: The Valley House, Sandhills Road, Salcombe TQ8 8JP Proposal to Fell 3 x Beech and 30% and 50% reduction and removal of deadwood 2 x Beech.
For Town Council to consider the above and respond accordingly.
TREE PRESERVATION ORDER; GRANT OF CONDITIONAL CONSENT
• 1435/15/TW Site: The Palms, Sandhills Road, Salcombe TQ8 8JP – Grant of consent to fell sycamore.
• 1490/15/TW Site: The Moult, Cliff Road, Salcombe TQ8 8LE – Grant of consent to fell beech
• 1606/15/TW Site: Woodcot, Cliff Road, Salcombe TQ8 8JU – Grant of consent for specified works on various trees.
TREE PRESERVATION ORDER; REFUSAL OF CONSENT
• 1145/TW Site: The Bolt, Sharpitor, Salcombe, TQ8 8LL – Refusal of consent to fell Beech, and two Sweet Chestnut in the light of the amenity value and significant impact on such value.
7. TOWN COUNCIL PARKING SPACES
To consider a request for the use by the First Responder car of one of the two parking spaces owned and used by town council.
8. PARK AND RIDE
To consider comments received from the Chamber of Commerce.
9. LEGAL MATTERS
(a) quotes received from various solicitors with regard to advising on the town council office Lease renewal and agree how to proceed initially up to a cost of £500
(b) an update on payments made to current solicitors and whether to permit further works up to a cost of £1500.
10. THE BERRY – RESERVOIR
To consider the proposal from South West Water that Town Council be granted rights over an area of the land in question and a further section be fenced for disposal by them or otherwise what alternative action to take.
11. THE BERRY FENCING
To consider the quotes received with regard to post fencing the perimeter of the registered section of The Berry currently under Lease to Town Council up to a cost of £10,000.
12. BENCH MAINTENANCE
To consider a quote to repair the bench at the top of St. Dunstan’s Road up to a cost of £250.
13. TOWN COUNCIL WEBSITE
To consider the current provider and any suggestions as to whether changes should be made.
14. PUBLIC INFORMATION SIGNAGE
To agree location of signage provided and how they will be installed.
To review maintenance and any voluntary projects being brought forward.
16. RENEWABLE ENERGY
To consider whether town council wish to receive a presentation from social enterprise company DARE with regard to community-owned renewable energy initiatives.
17. DISTRICT CHAIRMAN’S VISIT
To consider such topics that town council would wish Cllr Bramble to cover on his attendance at their meeting to be held on 14th October.
• Attendance at committees and other relevant meetings
To receive invoices for payment (to be approved).
20. NEXT MEETING
The next meeting will be held on Wednesday 23rd September 2015 at 6.30p.m.