To receive and note
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Members are invited to declare any declarable interests, including the nature & extent of such interests, that they may have in any items to be considered at this meeting. (Members should leave the chamber if they declare a pecuniary interest).
3. OPEN FORUM
• Members of the public are invited to address the council on matters relating to this parish and 15 minutes in total has been set aside for this agenda item (standing orders allow up to 3 mins per person to speak on a topic).
• To receive District and County Councillors reports.
Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 8th April 2015 for consideration and if agreed for the Chair to sign as a true and correct record.
5. PLANNING APPLICATIONS
NB: Members of the public please note. Plans of the following applications are available in the office of the Town Clerk, to view by appointment. If any copies of letters to SHDC, stating objections or support for these applications, could be made available for the Town Council when it is making its recommendations it would be very helpful. Or of course members of the public are very welcome to come and speak in the Open Forum section of the meeting.
For councillors to consider the following applications and send observations to the District as Planning Authority:
• 0703/15/F Demolition of existing structure and erection of new dwelling and raised parking area Proposed development site to rear of The Hollies, Devon Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8HQ – Applicant Mr R. Jemmett
• 0750/15/F Demolition of existing dwelling and rebuild 2no. new houses Meriden, St. Dunstans Road, Salcombe TQ8 8AR – Applicant North Sands Development Ltd.
• 0757/15/F Amendments to approval 41/018112/F for mixed B2 & A4 use and associated alterations 28 Island Street, Salcombe TQ8 8DP – Applicant Salcombe Gin Company Ltd.
• 0797/15/F Householder applicaitonfor formation of two storey extension and internal reorganisation Old Cottage, Bolthead, Salcombe TQ8 8LL – Applicant Mr P. Green.
6. EMERGENCY PLAN
To consider and approve the draft Emergency Plan.
7. PARK AND RIDE
(a) approving the purchase of two A1 noticeboards for the Park and Ride to house the bus timetable, town map and town information at a cost of £2500.
(b) the town council mobile phone rota protocol
(c) any VAT requirements on the car park income.
8. SHADYCOMBE CEMETERY GATES
To consider the quotes received with regard to repair or reinstatement, as advised necessary, of these gates up to a cost of £3000.
9. WAR MEMORIAL PLANTERS
To consider quotes for replacement planters around the War Memorial.
To consider the planting proposal for the flowerbed at top of Onslow Road on to Main Road.
To consider a request by Salcombe Tennis Club for assistance from the Section 106 allocation held by District to provide safe access for the public along their footpath from Onslow Road up to £5000.
12. ANNIVERSARY OF MAGNA CARTA
To consider a request from Houses of Parliament to commemorate the 800th anniversary of the sealing of Magna Carta and Montfort parliament on Sunday 14th June 2015.
To receive invoices for payment (to be approved).
15. NEXT MEETING
The next meeting will be on Wednesday 13th May 2015 at 6.30p.m.