To receive and note
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Members are invited to declare any declarable interests, including the nature & extent of such interests, that they may have in any items to be considered at this meeting. (Members should leave the chamber if they declare a pecuniary interest).
3. OPEN FORUM
• Members of the public are invited to address the council on matters relating to this parish and 15 minutes in total has been set aside for this agenda item (standing orders allow up to 3 mins per person to speak on a topic).
• To receive District and County Councillors reports.
Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 25th February 2015 for consideration and if agreed for the Chair to sign as a true and correct record.
5. PLANNING APPLICATIONS
NB: Members of the public please note. Plans of the following applications are available in the office of the Town Clerk, to view by appointment. If any copies of letters to SHDC, stating objections or support for these applications, could be made available for the Town Council when it is making its recommendations it would be very helpful. Or of course members of the public are very welcome to come and speak in the Open Forum section of the meeting.
For councillors to consider the following applications and send observations to the District as Planning Authority:
• 0366/15/F Householder application for roof alterations and extension to main building and renewal of previous approval for car port/garage and deck Eastone Grey, Allenhayes Road, Salcombe TQ8 8HU – Applicant Mr N. Atkin
• 0386/15/LB Listed Building consent for proposed extension (resubmission of approval 41/2010/14/LB) Elworthy Cottage, Higher Batson, Salcombe TQ8 8NF – Applicant Ms G. Lane
• 0387/15/F Householder application for proposed extension (resubmission of planning approval 41/2009/14/F) Elworthy Cottage, Higher Batson, Salcombe TQ8 8NF – Applicant Ms G. Lane
• 0417/15/F Householder application for alterations to third floor gable window to east elevation 63C Fore Street, Salcombe TQ8 8ET – Applicant Mr J. Boissier
6. JUBILEE GARDENS
To consider the quotes received to tarmac the sloped section of the footpath down to Ember Road and edge the planting area to stop overspill of the earth.
7. WORKS TO TREE REQUIRED FROM SURVEY
To consider the quotes received for works to trees owned by Salcombe Town Council.
8. MAINTENANCE CONTRACTS
To consider the quotations received with regard to:
(a) the gardening contract
(b) the grass cutting contract
(c) and/or if applicable the two contracts together.
9. CITIZEN OF THE YEAR
To consider the applications received and nominate a recipient for the award for this year.
10. INTERNAL AUDIT
To consider the appointment of an internal auditor and any points which town council wish to be considered within the scrutiny of accounts and council decisions.
11. COUNCIL LAND AROUND SALCOMBE
To discuss issues with regard to usage of land around the town.
12. EMERGENCY PLAN
To discuss feedback on the draft and consider such method for task and finish in order that this document can be progressed.
13. ANNUAL TOWN MEETING
To approve the venue and format of the Annual Town Meeting to be held on Monday 27th April 2015.
14. CLIFF HOUSE RENT REVIEW
To consider a proposal to increase the annual rental by 3% for a period of three years.
15. NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN REPRESENTATIVE
To appoint a new representative from town council on the Neighbourhood Plan steering group.
• Attendance at committees and other relevant meetings
To receive invoices for payment (to be approved).
18. NEXT MEETING
The next meeting will be on Wednesday 25th March 2015 at 6.30p.m.