To receive and note
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Members are invited to declare any declarable interests, including the nature & extent of such interests, that they may have in any items to be considered at this meeting. (Members should leave the chamber).
3. OPEN FORUM
• Members of the public are invited to address the council on matters relating to this parish and 15 minutes in total has been set aside for this agenda item (standing orders allow up to 3 mins per person to speak on a topic).
• To receive District and County Councillors reports.
Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 26th March 2014 for consideration and if agreed for the Chair to sign as a true and correct record
5. PLANNING APPLICATIONS
NB: Members of the public please note. Plans of the following applications are available in the office of the Town Clerk, to view by appointment. If any copies of letters to SHDC, stating objections or support for these applications, could be made available for the Town Council when it is making its recommendations it would be very helpful. Or of course members of the public are very welcome to come and speak in the Open Forum section of the meeting.
For councillors to consider the following applications and send observations to the District as Planning Authority:
• 0715/14/F Householder application for alterations and loft conversion to dwelling The Firs, Kingsale Road, Salcombe TQ8 8AS – Applicant Mr N. Spiers
• 0716/14/F Householder application for side and front extension (resubmission of 41/1276/13/F) 17 Beadon Road, Salcombe TQ8 8LX – Applicant Mr and Mrs Smout
• 0719/14/F Householder application for two storey side extension 2 Gould Road, Salcombe TQ8 8DU – Applicant Mr J. Hearth
• 0721/14/F Householder application for removal of existing garage and replacement with two-storey side extension (resubmission of 41/0092/14/F) Melbury Cottage, Herbert Road, Salcombe TQ8 8HN – Applicant Mr P. Smith
• 0752/14/F Demolition of existing dwelling and replacement with detached two-storey dwelling. Relocation of vehicle crossover (resubmission of 41/1329/13/F) Greylands 27 Coronation Road, Salcombe TQ8 8EA – Applicant Mr and Mrs P. Hughes
• 0779/14/F Householder applicaton for reconstruction of double garage and creation of studio annexe above, with associated landscaping works The Grange, Cliff Road, Salcombe TQ8 8JQ – Applicant Mr A. Nicholls.
• 0785/14/F Householder application for alterations to previous approval (41/2835/13/F) to provide additional glazing Sandhills, Sandhills Road, Salcombe TQ8 8JP – Applicant Mr M. Nathenson
• 0789/14/F Householder application for proposed loft conversion Cornerways, Bonaventure Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8BG – Applicant Mr N. Chard
WORK TO TREE PRESERVATION ORDER TREES
• 0725/14/TW (No. 25) Reg. No: 3497 Site Shadycombe Cemetery, Shadycombe Road, Salcombe TQ8 8NL Proposal – Works to trees as detailed within the Devon Tree Services Inspection Schedule dated 26th February 2014. For Town Council to consider and offer observations.
TREE PRESERVATION ORDER 2014 – SERVING OF NEW ORDER
• TPO 903 Tree at Sundowners, Herbert Road, Salcombe. Monterey Cypress tree located to the north west of the property. District notification of reasons for serving the Order requesting comments from Town Council with 28 days from 28th March 2014.
6. FAIRWEATHER FOUNTAIN
To consider the original conditions on the placing of this fountain, surrounding land ownership and ongoing maintenance of the vegetation.
7. PROPOSED SALCOMBE LIBRARY CLOSURE
To consider the Devon County consultation with regard to closure of rural libraries to include Salcombe and a course of action with regard thereto.
8. PARK AND RIDE
(a) what maintenance or works are required to prepare the surface and put in place line marking of the area for use for parking during the season
(b) the options for obtaining, siting and installing a ticket machine within the car park for use once the Parking Order is in place
(c) any other issues that need to be addressed in the interim before the solicitor advises on the Parking Order and signage required.
9. OPEN SPACE MAINTENANCE
To consider any quotes received with regard to the annual weeding, planting and maintenance of Jubilee Gardens and the planter tubs at the War Memorial.
10. HIGHWAY VERGE MAINTENANCE
To consider the request to continue to carry out the highway cuts on behalf of County Council by way of a grant for four cuts a year together with the associated terms and conditions.
11. FOOTPATH CLEARANCE
To note the works carried out and items purchased to achieve such and comply with safety regulations together with the works to be contracted out.
• Attendance at committees and other relevant meetings
To receive invoices for payment (to be approved).
14. NEXT MEETING
The next meeting will be on Wednesday 23rd April 2014 at 6.30p.m.