To receive and note
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Members are invited to declare any declarable interests, including the nature & extent of such interests, that they may have in any items to be considered at this meeting. (Members should leave the chamber).
3. OPEN FORUM
• Members of the public are invited to address the council on matters relating to this parish and 15 minutes in total has been set aside for this agenda item (standing orders allow up to 3 mins per person to speak on a topic).
• To receive District and County Councillors reports.
Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 14th May 2014 for consideration and if agreed for the Chair to sign as a true and correct record. To note the Annual Town Meeting Minutes dated 15th May 2014.
5. PLANNING APPLICATIONS
NB: Members of the public please note. Plans of the following applications are available in the office of the Town Clerk, to view by appointment. If any copies of letters to SHDC, stating objections or support for these applications, could be made available for the Town Council when it is making its recommendations it would be very helpful. Or of course members of the public are very welcome to come and speak in the Open Forum section of the meeting.
For councillors to consider the following applications and send observations to the District as Planning Authority:
• 1041/14/F Householder application for amendment to approval 41/0404/14/F (replacement of hipped roof with gable) 5 Park Rise, Beadon, Salcombe TQ8 8NX – Applicant Mr and Mrs Buchanan
• 1046/14/F Demolition of existing dwelling and construction of replacement Meadow Ridge, Bonfire Hill, Salcombe TQ8 8EF – Applicant Mrs and Mrs Haskins
• 1083/14/F Householder application for rebuilding of collapsed retaining wall in the Italian Garden, The Moult, Cliff Road, Salcombe TQ8 8LE – Applicant Mrs D. Marks
• 1084/14/LB Listed Building consent for rebuilding of collapsed retaining wall in the Italian Garden, The Moult, Cliff Road, Salcombe TQ8 8LE – Applicant Mrs D. Marks.
• 1088/14/F Householder application for raising of existing terrace with enlarged garage below and associated works Lealholme, Allenhayes Road, Salcombe TQ8 8HU – Applicant Mr P. Pawsey
• 1114/14/F Retrospective application for retention of a concrete structure for use as car parking for adjoining residential properties (resubmission of 41/1767/13/F) Salcombe Court, Cliff Road, Salcombe TQ8 8JQ – Mr P. Colclough
• 1143/14/F Householder application for conservatory extension Le Temps Perdu, Robinsons Row, Salcombe TQ8 8EU – Applicant Mr D. Lowe.
• 1239/14/F Change of use of land for agricultural/equestrian use and building extension Land at SX7204 3858 Lower Collaton, Malborough, TQ7 3DJ – Applicant Mrs M. Brooks.
• 1244/14/F Householder application for remedial works to retaining wall 1 Robinsons Row, Salcombe, TQ8 8EU – Applicant Mr A. Collier
WORK TO TREE PRESERVATION ORDER TREES
• 1173/14/TW Reg No. 3510 Site: Woodcot, Cliff Road, Salcombe TQ8 8JU Proposal to crown reduce Hornbeam by 2.5m on all sides to maintain the current shape of the crown. Pruning cuts to be limited to 75mm in diameter. Pruning to shorten rubbing branches.
TREE PRESERVATION ORDER; GRANT OF CONDITIONAL CONSENT
• 0478/TW Reg No: 3485 Site The Ridings, Bennett Road, Salcombe. Grant to remove multi stemmed Leylandii.
• 0725/14/TW Reg No: 3497 Site Shadycombe Cemetery, Shadycombe Road, Salcombe. Grant to carry out works as per inspection Schedule dated 26th February 2014.
6. COUNCIL HALL
To consider the draft proposals received and agree the next step.
7. GRANT APPLICATION
To consider an application by the Salcombe Football Club for assistance in paying for grass cutting at the Hockey Club area and The Berry up to a cost of £300.00.
8. PARK AND RIDE
To receive an update
• with regard to references and introduction of Parking Orders and agree any additional research or works required.
• on the legislation with regard to designated and ongoing use by the Harbour Hotel.
9. SOCIAL MEDIA POLICY
To consider creation of a policy to advise on use of social media by council members in respect of town issues.
• Attendance at committees and other relevant meetings
To receive invoices for payment (to be approved).
12. NEXT MEETING
The next meeting will be on Wednesday 11th June 2014 at 6.30p.m.