To receive and note
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Members are invited to declare any declarable interests, including the nature & extent of such interests, that they may have in any items to be considered at this meeting. (Members should leave the chamber).
3. OPEN FORUM
• Members of the public are invited to address the council on matters relating to this parish and 15 minutes in total has been set aside for this agenda item (standing orders allow up to 3 mins per person to speak on a topic).
• To receive District and County Councillors reports.
Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 12th March 2014 for consideration and if agreed for the Chair to sign as a true and correct record
5. PLANNING APPLICATIONS
NB: Members of the public please note. Plans of the following applications are available in the office of the Town Clerk, to view by appointment. If any copies of letters to SHDC, stating objections or support for these applications, could be made available for the Town Council when it is making its recommendations it would be very helpful. Or of course members of the public are very welcome to come and speak in the Open Forum section of the meeting.
For councillors to consider the following applications and send observations to the District as Planning Authority:
• 2784/13/F REVISED PLANS Flats A and D Blue Haven, Allenhayes Road, Salcombe TQ8 8HU – Applicant Mr and Mrs Darby
• 0642/14/F Erection of 1no. wind turbine (estimated output 0.01 megawatt) with 15 meter hub height, 21.6 meter tip height, and associated infrastructure SX7923, 3864, South Allington House, South Allington, Kingsbridge, TQ7 2NB – Applicant Mr N. Baker.
• 0675/14/F Retrospective householder application for alterations and extension Batson House, Allenhayes Road, Salcombe TQ 8 HT – Applicant Mr J. Fisher.
TREE PRESERVATION ORDER: GRANT OF CONDITIONAL CONSENT
• 0153/14/TW Reg. No: 3466 Site: The Plantation, Devon Road, Salcombe. Consent to carry out various works as detailed on the Order.
TREE PRESERVATION ORDER: REFUSAL OF CONSENT
• 0108/14/TW (No. 43) Site: Beacon Court, Cliff Road, Salcombe TQ8 8LA. Refusal in the light of the amenity value of the trees and significant impact.
• 0110/14/TW Reg No: 3465 Site: Waters Edge, Cliff Road, Salcombe TQ8 8LD. Refusal in the light of the amenity value of the tree and significant impact.
To consider a request from the Maritime Museum for a grant £3000 towards the annual rent of the Council Hall.
7. OPEN SPACE MAINTENANCE
To consider any quotes received with regard to the annual weeding, planting and maintenance of Jubilee Gardens, the planter tubs at the War Memorial and any other areas identified.
8. FOOTPATH CLEARANCE
To consider the works that are required on the entire footpath network, some voluntary and some to contractors out of the P3 grant up to a cost of £2579.
9. LOCAL VALIDATION CHECKLIST CONSULTATION
To consider whether there are any additional documents, that are reasonable, that could be requested to assist consideration of planning matters.
10. CITIZEN OF THE YEAR
To note that posters will be placed within the community inviting nominations with regard to candidates for consideration of Citizen of the Year.
• Attendance at committees and other relevant meetings
To receive invoices for payment (to be approved).
13. NEXT MEETING
The next meeting will be on Wednesday 9th April 2014 at 6.30p.m.