To receive and note
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Members are invited to declare any declarable interests, including the nature & extent of such interests, that they may have in any items to be considered at this meeting. (Members should leave the chamber).
3. OPEN FORUM
• Members of the public are invited to address the council on matters relating to this parish and 15 minutes in total has been set aside for this agenda item (standing orders allow up to 3 mins per person to speak on a topic).
• To receive District and County Councillors reports.
Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 12th February 2014 for consideration and if agreed for the Chair to sign as a true and correct record
5. PLANNING APPLICATIONS
NB: Members of the public please note. Plans of the following applications are available in the office of the Town Clerk, to view by appointment. If any copies of letters to SHDC, stating objections or support for these applications, could be made available for the Town Council when it is making its recommendations it would be very helpful. Or of course members of the public are very welcome to come and speak in the Open Forum section of the meeting.
For councillors to consider the following applications and send observations to the District as Planning Authority:
• 0314/14/F Demolition of Ridge House and replacement with two semi-detached dwellings with parking (resubmission of 41/2751/13/F) Ridge House, Grenville Road, Salcombe TQ8 8BJ – Applicant Mr M. Gomme
• 0321/14/F Retrospective householder application for construction of store and erection of boundary wall Puffins, Fortescue Road, Salcombe TQ8 8AP – Applicant Mr and Mrs Handslip
• 0404/14/F Householder application for replacement of existing conservatory with single-storey extension 5 Park Rise, Salcombe TQ8 8NX – Applicant Mr and Mrs Buchanan
WORK TO TREE PRESERVATION ORDER TREES
• 0441/14/TW (No. 58) Reg. No: 3481 Site: 8 Salcombe Heights Close, Salcombe TQ8 8EL. Proposal to Thin canopy of Elm tree by 10%. Branches to be removed shall not exceed 75mm in diameter. Crown lift to 1m above bank level which equates to 3 to 4m above sloping ground level.
6. PARKING ORDER
To consider solicitors quotes for putting in place Parking Orders and advising of signage within the Park and Ride up to a cost of £3000.
7. REDFERN WOODS
To consider the cost of emergency works required following the storms to clear the fallen trees and branches hanging dangerously within trees being removed to clear the wooded area and footpath up to a cost of £1500.
8. SHADYCOMBE CEMETERY
To consider the damage done to a grave by the fallen tree within the cemetery and such cost of memorial masons repair of £225.
9. P3 FOOTPATH REVIEW
To consider the report prepared with regard to the condition of pathways in the parish and if approved submit to County Footpaths.
10. METAL DETECTING CLUB
To consider the letter and information provided by a local metal detecting club and their request with regard to identifying areas so that they can raise money for charities or local causes with a metal detecting rally.
• Attendance at committees and other relevant meetings
12. POINTS OF INFORMATION
Items for Councillors to view will be placed on the table.
To receive invoices for payment (to be approved).
14. LEGAL MATTERS
To consider town council matters and the advice provided by their solicitors.
15. NEXT MEETING
The next meeting will be on Wednesday 12th March 2014 at 6.30p.m.