To receive and note
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Members are invited to declare any declarable interests, including the nature & extent of such interests, that they may have in any items to be considered at this meeting. (Members should leave the chamber).
3. OPEN FORUM
• Members of the public are invited to address the council on matters relating to this parish and 15 minutes in total has been set aside for this agenda item (standing orders allow up to 3 mins per person to speak on a topic).
• To receive District and County Councillors reports.
Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 11th June 2014 for consideration and if agreed for the Chair to sign as a true and correct record.
5. PLANNING APPLICATIONS
NB: Members of the public please note. Plans of the following applications are available in the office of the Town Clerk, to view by appointment. If any copies of letters to SHDC, stating objections or support for these applications, could be made available for the Town Council when it is making its recommendations it would be very helpful. Or of course members of the public are very welcome to come and speak in the Open Forum section of the meeting.
For councillors to consider the following applications and send observations to the District as Planning Authority:
• 1403/14/F Householder application for extension to ground and first floor, rearrangement of internal layout Hillcot, Bennett Road, Salcombe TQ8 8JJ – Applicant Mr C. Cullen
• 1452/14/F Retrospective householder application for erection of garden store The Glen, Shadycombe Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8ND – Applicant Mr D. Inch
• 1463/14/F Householder application for construction of garage Stoneleigh, Main Road, Salcombe TQ8 8JW – Mr M. Jackson
• 1478/14/F Construction of dwelling in garden plot (resubmission of 41/2256/13/F) Uppercot, Devon Road, Salcombe TQ8 8HJ – Applicant Mr H. McPhie
• 1481/14/F Extension of existing annex to create separate dwelling Plot adjacent to Lower Deck, Shaws Corner, Devon Road, Salcombe TQ8 8JL – Applicant N. & A. Swabey
• 1483/14/F Householder application for reconstruction of double garage and creation of studio annexe above, with associated landscaping works (resubmission of planning ref: 41/0779/14/F) The Grange, Cliff Road, Salcombe TQ8 8JQ – Applicant Mr A. Nicholls
• 1484/14/LB Listed building application for reconstruction of double garage and creation of studio annexe above, with associated landscaping works (resubmission of planning ref: 41/0780/14/LB) The Grange, Cliff Road, Salcombe TQ8 8JQ – Applicant Mr A. Nicholls
• 1495/14/F Householder application for velux roof light, sun tube and awning to ground floor balcony Estura, Cliff Road, Salcombe TQ8 8JH – Applicant Mr M. Solovieva
• 1496/14/F Householder application for re-covering of roof and replacement balustrade to existing balconies Upper Maxpoffle, 11 Devon Road, Salcombe TQ8 8EZ – Applicant Mrs J. Kemp
WORKS TO TREES IN A CONSERVATION AREA
• 1412/14/TCA Location Friday Cottage, Robinsons Row, Salcombe TQ8 8EU. Proposal to prune back Pittosporum over boundary wall by 2m. Remove bay stem closest to wall at approximately 1m and reduce Bay by 50%. Remove Cypress. For town council to consider and offer observations.
TREE PRESERVATION ORDER; REFUSAL OF CONSENT
• 1173/14/TW Appli. No: 3510 Site Woodcot, Cliff Road, Salcombe TQ8 8JU. Refusal of consent to crown reduce Hornbeam by 2.5m on all sides due to impact on the amenity value of the tree.
6. PARK AND RIDE
To provide an update on the Parking Order and consider any further actions required.
7. MEDIA AND SOCIAL NETWORKING POLICY
To consider the draft media and social networking policy and offer comments.
8. GRANT APPLICATION
PREVIOUSLY DEFERRED To consider an application by the Salcombe Football Club for assistance in paying for grass cutting at the Hockey Club area and The Berry up to a cost of £300.00.
• Attendance at committees and other relevant meetings
To receive invoices for payment (to be approved).
11. NEXT MEETING
The next meeting will be on Wednesday 9th July 2014 at 6.30p.m.