To receive and note
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Members are invited to declare any declarable interests, including the nature & extent of such interests, that they may have in any items to be considered at this meeting. (Members should leave the chamber).
3. OPEN FORUM
• Members of the public are invited to address the council on matters relating to this parish and 15 minutes in total has been set aside for this agenda item (standing orders allow up to 3 mins per person to speak on a topic).
• To receive District and County Councillors reports.
Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 9th April 2014 for consideration and if agreed for the Chair to sign as a true and correct record
5. PLANNING APPLICATIONS
NB: Members of the public please note. Plans of the following applications are available in the office of the Town Clerk, to view by appointment. If any copies of letters to SHDC, stating objections or support for these applications, could be made available for the Town Council when it is making its recommendations it would be very helpful. Or of course members of the public are very welcome to come and speak in the Open Forum section of the meeting.
For councillors to consider the following applications and send observations to the District as Planning Authority:
• 2784/13/F REVISED PLANS Proposed alteration and extenson Flats A & D, Blue Haven, Allenhayes Road, Salcombe TQ8 8HU – Mr and Mrs Darby. For information only.
• 0075/14/F REVISED PLANS Details as proposed Batson House, Allenhayes Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8HT – Applicant Mr J. Fisher. Further comments requested.
• 0807/14/F Change of use of land above existing SWW storage tank to allow storage of sailing dinghies (use class B8) and associated works (including provision of pedestrian access) SWW Storage Tank, Shadycombe, Salcombe TQ8 8DU – Applicant Salcombe Yacht Club
• 0835/14/F Householder application for single storey side extension 2 Longfield Drive, Salcombe TQ8 8NT – Mr R. Byer
• 0836/14/F Householder application for construction of single storey workshop/studio and hardstanding for ancillary use to dwelling The Boathouse, Cliff Road, Salcombe TQ8 8JQ – Mr R. Tee
• 0845/14/F Application for new parking area to east of property Moult Moor, Moult Road, Salcombe TQ8 8LG – Applicant Mrs W. Pearson
• 0900/14/F Erection of machinery shed Long Park, Higher Batson, Salcombe TQ8 8NG – Mr and Mrs G. Keller
• 0010/14/F Appeal Ref. No: APP/K1128/A 14/2216608 Proposal Householder application for proposed roof extension (resubmission of applicaton 41/2232/13/F) 3 Rosemount Court, Salcombe TQ8 8QB Appellant: Mr G. Pargeter. Appeal Starting Date 9th April 2014. For town council to make any further comments or withdraw any previous correspondence by 14th May 2014.
WORK TO TREE PRESERVATION ORDER TREES
• 0939/14/TW TPO 376 and 473 (TPO 1993 No.18) (TPO 1999 No.25) Reg. No: 3504 Site: Shadycombe Cemetery, Shadycombe Road, Salcombe TQ8 8DJ Proposal to Crown lift four Yews and two Holm Oak (TPO 376) Crown lift two Yews (TPO 473). For town council to consider and offer observations.
6. YEAR ENDING MARCH 2014 ACCOUNTS
To receive the annual accounts and note the comments of the Internal Auditor and if approved to complete Section 2 of the Annual Governance Statement 2013/14 for submission to the External Auditor.
7. PARK AND RIDE
(a) what maintenance or works are required to prepare the surface and put in place line marking of the area for use for parking during the season
(b) the options for obtaining, siting and installing a ticket machine within the car park for use once the Parking Order is in place together with collection and enforcement management
(c) matters that need to be addressed from the advice provided by the solicitor on the Parking Order together with annual changes to signage required.
(d) to acknowledge that the further costs of the surveyor for mapping out the park and ride area and obtaining costings to do such works will be 6% of the contract value plus disbursements.
8. UPDATING OFFICE COMPUTER EQUIPMENT
To consider replacing the two office computers to provide up to date software and sufficient operating capacity up to a cost of £2000.00.
9. WAR MEMORIAL PLANTERS
To consider quotes received with regard to the ongoing maintenance of the planter tubs at the War Memorial.
10. OPEN SPACE
To consider the monies held by District with regard to Section 106 payments and future open space areas that should benefit from such.
To consider a request by the Egremont Trust for a grant of £2000.00.
• Attendance at committees and other relevant meetings
To receive invoices for payment (to be approved).
14. NEXT MEETING
The next meeting will be on Wednesday 14th May 2014 at 6.30p.m.