To receive and note
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Members are invited to declare any declarable interests, including the nature & extent of such interests, that they may have in any items to be considered at this meeting. (Members should leave the chamber).
3. OPEN FORUM
• Members of the public are invited to address the council on matters relating to this parish and 15 minutes in total has been set aside for this agenda item (standing orders allow up to 3 mins per person to speak on a topic).
• To receive District and County Councillors reports.
Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 8th January 2014 for consideration and if agreed for the Chair to sign as a true and correct record
5. PLANNING APPLICATIONS
NB: Members of the public please note. Plans of the following applications are available in the office of the Town Clerk, to view by appointment. If any copies of letters to SHDC, stating objections or support for these applications, could be made available for the Town Council when it is making its recommendations it would be very helpful. Or of course members of the public are very welcome to come and speak in the Open Forum section of the meeting.
For councillors to consider the following applications and send observations to the District as Planning Authority:
• 3063/13/F Demolition of existing dwelling and replacement with three apartments Treetops, St. Dunstans Road, Salcombe TQ8 8AR Applicant – Mr A Boyce
• 0002/14/LB Listed Building consent for general repairs and alterations (removal of wall in kitchen and waterproofing lower ground floor). Conversion of window into doors The Watch House, Fore Street, Salcombe TQ8 8JE Applicant – Mr P. Newell-Price
• 0010/14/F Householder application for proposed roof extension (resubmission of application 41/2232/13/F) 3 Rosemount Court, Salcombe TQ8 8QB Applicant – Mr G. Pargeter
• 0074/14/F Householder application for extensions and alterations Roanoke, Raleigh Road, Salcombe TQ8 8AY Applicant – Mr C. Fox
WORK TO TREE PRESERVATION ORDER TREES
• 0108/14/TW (No. 43) Reg. No: 3464 Site Beacon Court, Cliff Road, Salcombe TQ8 8LA Proposal to reduce to old reduction points (reduction of 1.5m) Beech and fell Lime.
• 0110/14/TW Reg. No: 3465 Site: Waters Edge, Cliff Road, Salcombe TQ8 8LD Proposal to Fell 2 x Sycamore and a Beech
6. PRECEPT 2014/15
To consider the proposals put forward and approve the precept for submission of an application to District Council for payment.
7. SHADYCOMBE CEMETERY
To consider a request and community offer by residents of Forster Road with regard to works they feel necessary to trees within Shadycombe Cemetery and the boundary wall thereon.
8. COUNCIL HALL
To consider further information required to request the Town Council’s currently approved surveyor to carry out a feasibility survey on the Council Hall building to allow better long term structural accommodation and ensuring good community usage at an additional cost of £750.
9. PARK AND RIDE
To consider such information needed to be obtained to enable this area to be adequately marked out for usage up to a cost of £750 for such plans.
10. CONCESSIONARY FARES
To consider whether town council wish to offer any comments to the County consultation document with regard to removing such concessionary fares grant for the Salcombe tourist route.
11. EMERGENCY PLAN
To consider the draft Emergency Plan and offer any comments, additions or deletions and if approved to adopt such.
12. JUBILEE GARDENS/EMBER ROAD PLAY PROVISION
To consider updating original and approaching further suitable suppliers of public open space play equipment for ideas and quotations.
• Attendance at committees and other relevant meetings
14. POINTS OF INFORMATION
Items for Councillors to view will be placed on the table.
To receive invoices for payment (to be approved).
16. NEXT MEETING
The next meeting will be on Wednesday 12th February 2014 at 6.30p.m.