To receive and note
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Members are invited to declare any declarable interests, including the nature & extent of such interests, that they may have in any items to be considered at this meeting. (Members should leave the chamber).
3. ELECTION OF THE TOWN MAYOR AND SIGNING OF DECLARATION OF ACCEPTANCE OF OFFICE
To receive nominations for Town Mayor and upon election receive the Declaration of Acceptance of Office of Mayor.
4. ELECTION OF DEPUTY TOWN MAYOR AND SIGNING OF DECLARATION OF ACCEPTANCE OF OFFICE
To receive nominations for Deputy Town Mayor and upon election receive the Declaration of Acceptance of Office of Deputy Mayor.
5. WORKING PARTIES AND REPRESENTATIVES ON OUTSIDE ORGANISATIONS
To consider any changes on working parties and representatives on both these and outside organisations.
6. INSPECTION OF DOCUMENTS
To review any Leases, Tree Surveys and other legal obligations.
7. SERVICE BY EMAIL
For councillors to be appraised of the Local Government Act 1972 and to indicate their wishes with regard to receiving agendas, minutes and documentation.
8. OPEN FORUM
• Members of the public are invited to address the council on matters relating to this parish and 15 minutes in total has been set aside for this agenda item (standing orders allow up to 3 mins per person to speak on a topic).
• To receive District and County Councillors reports.
Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 23rd April 2014 for consideration and if agreed for the Chair to sign as a true and correct record
10. PLANNING APPLICATIONS
NB: Members of the public please note. Plans of the following applications are available in the office of the Town Clerk, to view by appointment. If any copies of letters to SHDC, stating objections or support for these applications, could be made available for the Town Council when it is making its recommendations it would be very helpful. Or of course members of the public are very welcome to come and speak in the Open Forum section of the meeting.
For councillors to consider the following applications and send observations to the District as Planning Authority:
• 0934/14/F Householder application for erection of summer house and swimming pool in garden Sandhills, Sandhills Road, Salcombe TQ8 8JP – Applicant Mr M. Nathanson
11. PARK AND RIDE TENDERS
To consider the tenders obtained by Vickery Holman and the overview provided with a view to carrying out such works up to a cost of £20000.
12. COUNCIL HALL PROPOSALS
To receive the draft proposals from Vickery Holman and put forward any comments.
13. WAR MEMORIAL PLANTERS
To consider quotes received with regard to the ongoing maintenance of the planter tubs at the War Memorial.
14. CITIZEN OF THE YEAR
To consider the applications received and select the Citizen of the Year.
15. SALCOMBE LIBRARY – CLIFF HOUSE
To consider the County proposals with regard to the ongoing provision of a library within Cliff House, Salcombe and respond to the consultation accordingly.
16. OPEN SPACE
To consider clearance and ongoing maintenance of an area adjacent to the viewpoint with bench seat.
• Attendance at committees and other relevant meetings
To receive invoices for payment (to be approved).
19. NEXT MEETING
The next meeting will be on Wednesday 28th May 2014 at 6.30p.m.