To receive and note
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Members are invited to declare any declarable interests, including the nature & extent of such interests, that they may have in any items to be considered at this meeting. (Members should leave the chamber).
3. OPEN FORUM
• Members of the public are invited to address the council on matters relating to this parish and 15 minutes in total has been set aside for this agenda item (standing orders allow up to 3 mins per person to speak on a topic).
• To receive District and County Councillors reports.
Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 22nd January 2014 for consideration and if agreed for the Chair to sign as a true and correct record
5. PLANNING APPLICATIONS
NB: Members of the public please note. Plans of the following applications are available in the office of the Town Clerk, to view by appointment. If any copies of letters to SHDC, stating objections or support for these applications, could be made available for the Town Council when it is making its recommendations it would be very helpful. Or of course members of the public are very welcome to come and speak in the Open Forum section of the meeting.
For councillors to consider the following applications and send observations to the District as Planning Authority:
• 2256/13/F Readvertisement (Revised plans received) Erection of new dwelling in garden plot Uppercot, Devon Road, Salcombe TQ8 8HJ – Applicant Mr H. McPhie
• 0090/14/F Householder application for replacement carport, first floor sun lounge and front-facing terrace, and paved driveway 11 Beadon Road, Salcombe TQ8 8LX – Applicant Mr M. Wilcox
• 0092/14/F Householder application for removal of existing garage and replace with two-storey side extension (resubmissionof 41/0196/13/F) Melbury Cottage, Herbert Road, Salcombe TQ8 8HN – Applicant Mr P. Smith
• 0147/14/F Householder application for proposed chairlift to link house to car park Sunnycliff Hotel, Cliff Road, Salcombe TQ8 8JX – Mr M. Blackwell
• 0224/14/F Householder application for single-storey extension and associated works. Deck with timber shed to store mobility scooter St. Christophers, Devon Road, Salcombe TQ8 8HQ – Applicant Mr and Mrs D. Broderic
• 0237/14/F Householder application for amendment to application 41/2166/12/F for enlarged terrace and seamless glass balustrading, brass handrail, new steps and revised window/door openings Beadon Prior, Sandhills Road, Salcombe TQ8 8JP – Applicant Mr and Mrs Rusling
• 0240/14/F Proposed balcony over existing bay window Upper Rock Park, Devon Road, Salcombe TQ8 8HJ – Applicant Miss M. Pike
• 0252/14/F Householder application for restoration and modification of cottage. Replace parts of thatch roof with natural slate. Replacement of garage and hardstanding, and new extension Sunnycombe Lower Batson, Salcombe TQ8 8NJ – Applicant Mr A. Petrie
• 0252/14/LB Listed Building Consent for restoration and modification of cottage. Replace parts of thatch roof with natural slate. Replacement of garage and hardstanding, and new extension Sunnycombe Lower Batson, Salcombe TQ8 8NJ – Applicant Mr A. Petrie
• 0266/14/F Householder application for two-storey extension to include replacement garage and balcony Meriden, St. Dunstan’s Road, Salcombe TQ8 8AR – Applicant Mrs E. Davis
WORK TO TREE PRESERVATION ORDER TREES
• 0153/14/TW Reg. No: 3466 Site The Plantation, Devon Road, Salcombe TQ8 8JJ Proposal – Compartment 1 Various species. Lift 2.5m above pavement and highway. Sycamore Reduce to leave a 5m habitat stump and retain for wildlife. Beech Reduce to a 5m habitat stump and retain for wildlife. Beech Initial crown reduction of up to 4 to 5m in height and crown spread.
• 0293/14/TW Reg No: 3473 (No.22) Site: Redfern Health Centre, Shadycombe Road, Salcombe TQ8 8ND Proposal to reduce Magnolia back from roof, walkway and railings to provide approximately 3m clearance.
For town council to consider and offer observations.
WORK TO TREE PRESERVATION ORDER TREES: GRANT OF EXEMPTION
• 0198/14/TW (No. 44) Reg: 3468 Site: Kinrar, Sandhills, Salcombe TQ8 8JP Grant to Remove main leader from Holm Oak. Prune back small diameter secondary’s away from BT lines to give approximately 1.5 to 2m clearance.
TREE PRESERVATION ORDER: REFUSAL OF CONSENT
• 2790/13/TW App. No: 3444 Site: Stoneleigh, Main Road, Salcombe TQ8 8LW Refusal to fell Ilex Oak due to amenity value and significant impact of works.
6. SHADYCOMBE CEMETERY
To receive a report with regard to a fallen tree at the perimeter of Shadycombe Cemetery and ratify the emergency works required to remove such from leaning on the adjacent property and car.
7. STREET NAMING AND NUMBERING – RESIDENTIAL DEVELOPMENT AT BATSON CROSS
To note that the Salcombe Primary School children were requested to come up with name suggestions and to make four choices for submission to District Council and provide four competition prizes of £10 book tokens each to the four winners.
8. APPLICATION FOR GRANT FUNDING – EGREMONT
To consider a request by The Egremont Trust for a grant of £2000 towards matched funding required for their Heritage Lottery Funding application.
9. TRAINING AND PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIP
• whether town council should join the Institute of Cemetery and Crematorium Management at a cost of £90 per annum
• the Cemetery Manager attending a Cemetery Management and Compliance Course in London on 13th March 2014 at a cost of £125 or £160
• the Town Clerk attending the Larger Local Councils Conference in Oxford on the 27th – 28th March 2014 for Continuing Professional Development at a cost of £320.
10. PARK AND RIDE
• any feedback with regard to the Park and Ride layout plan;
• agree the timetable and charges for 2014 with regard to the bus service and
• the use of the Park and Ride by boat trailers placed within.
11. COUNCIL CAR PARK OPEN SPACE AREA
To consider the proposals with regard to volunteers clearing and replanting this area for the community.
• Attendance at committees and other relevant meetings
13. POINTS OF INFORMATION
Items for Councillors to view will be placed on the table.
To receive invoices for payment (to be approved).
15. NEXT MEETING
The next meeting will be on Wednesday 26th February 2014 at 6.30p.m