To receive and note
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Members are invited to declare any declarable interests, including the nature & extent of such interests, that they may have in any items to be considered at this meeting. (Members should leave the chamber).
3. OPEN FORUM
• Members of the public are invited to address the council on matters relating to this parish and 15 minutes in total has been set aside for this agenda item (standing orders allow up to 3 mins per person to speak on a topic).
• To receive District and County Councillors reports.
Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 22nd October 2014 for consideration and if agreed for the Chair to sign as a true and correct record.
5. PLANNING APPLICATIONS
NB: Members of the public please note. Plans of the following applications are available in the office of the Town Clerk, to view by appointment. If any copies of letters to SHDC, stating objections or support for these applications, could be made available for the Town Council when it is making its recommendations it would be very helpful. Or of course members of the public are very welcome to come and speak in the Open Forum section of the meeting.
For councillors to consider the following applications and send observations to the District as Planning Authority:
• 2502/14/F Householder application for inset dormer to the rear with recessed deck and bridge link at second floor level, with re-leveling and landscaping of rear garden Watch Hill, Allenhayes Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8HU – Applicant Mr J. Britton
• 2515/14/F Works to intergrate two dwellings into a single dwelling (resubmission of 41/1717/14/F) 15 Island Street & The Oven, Church Lane, Salcombe – Applicant The Andrew Guest Settlement Trust
• 2576/14/F Redevelopment of hotel to comprise of 51no. bedrooms, bar and restaurant, residents lounge, spa, swimming pool, ancillary service space and parking Tides Reach Hotel, Cliff Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8LJ – Applicant EHC Estates Ltd.
• 2602/14/F Demolition of existing dwelling and erection of replacement dwelling Hinemoa, Frobisher Lane, Salcombe, TQ8 8AQ – Mr P. West
• 2604/14/F Householder application for ground floor extension 9 Buckley Street, Salcombe, TQ8 8DD – Mr I. Houston
• 2607/14/F Extension of access driveway and change of use of adjacent land from agricultural to garden 1, 2 & 3 Malt Cottages, Lower Batson, TQ8 8NJ – Mr D. Collins
• 2616/14/LB Retrospective listed building consent for restoration of ground-floor colonnade with new columns and balustrade The Grange, Cliff Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8JQ – Mr A. Nicholls
• 2636/14/F Retrospective householder application for replacement garden shed The Grange, Cliff Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8JQ – Mr A. Nicholls
• 2637/14/LB Retrospective listed building consent for replacement garden shed The Grange, Cliff Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8JQ – Mr A. Nicholls
• 2666/14/F Retrospective change of use of parking area to allow siting of temporary takeaway cafe and decking South Sands Hotel, Bolt Head, Salcombe, TQ8 8LL – Mr C. Erleigh
• 2671/14/F Householder application for re-construction of garage and garden level roof terrace, new ancillary accommodation private studio at mid-level, repairs to stone garden walls and landscaping The Grange, Cliff Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8JQ – Mr A. Nicholls
• 2673/14/LB Listed building consent for re-construction of garage and garden level roof terrace, new ancillary accommodation private studio at mid-level, repairs to stone garden walls and landscaping The Grange, Cliff Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8JQ – Mr A. Nicholls
• 2674/14/F Re-location of front boundary wall to site boundary to create additional car parking Our Lady Star of the Sea Church, Devon Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8HF – Plymouth RC Diocesan Trustees
WORKS TO TREE PRESERVATION TREES
• 2541/14/TW Location Monkston Point, Devon Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8LP To consider works to Fell 5 Monterey Cypress
• 2686/14/TW T1. Location Bridleway House, Moult Hill, Salcombe, TQ8 8LF To consider works to Sweet Chestnut. Fell. T2. Beech. Remove two lower branches. T3. Sweet Chestnut. Remove deadwood and 3 secondary limbs overhanging treehouse at 3m from ground level. T4. Sweet Chestnut. Remove deadwood. T5. 2x Scots Pine. Remove deadwood. T6. Remove dead tree behind Scots Pine. T7. Fir. Fell.
• 2785/14/TW Location: Sandhills, Sandhills Road, Salcombe TQ8 8JP To consider works to Fell Pine
6. DEVON COUNTY CONSULTATION – HIGHWAYS TOUCH CHOICES
To receive a report back on points raised and consider a response to this consultation.
7. NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN UPDATE
To receive an update and consider procedures for granting funds to the group.
8. EMERGENCY PLAN
To note the work on this so far and consider such method for task and finish in order that this document can be adopted and actioned accordingly.
9. TREE SURVEYS
To consider the quotations received with regard to management and maintenance of the town council owned trees.
10. PARK AND RIDE
To consider the quotations received for installing a height and width restriction barrier across the car park access and any works required to upgrade the surface.
To consider a grant towards Salcombe Christmas lights up to a cost of £1000.
12. FILMING POLICY
To consider and if approved adopt a policy with regard to filming.
13. TOWN COUNCIL MEETING AND OPENING DATES IN DECEMBER
To agree such dates for meeting the manning of the office during December.
• Attendance at committees and other relevant meetings
To receive invoices for payment (to be approved).
16. NEXT MEETING
The next meeting will be on Wednesday 26th November 2014 at 6.30p.m.