To receive and note
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Members are invited to declare any declarable interests, including the nature & extent of such interests, that they may have in any items to be considered at this meeting. (Members should leave the chamber).
3. OPEN FORUM
• Members of the public are invited to address the council on matters relating to this parish and 15 minutes in total has been set aside for this agenda item (standing orders allow up to 3 mins per person to speak on a topic).
• To receive District and County Councillors reports.
Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 26th November 2014 for consideration and if agreed for the Chair to sign as a true and correct record.
5. PLANNING APPLICATIONS
NB: Members of the public please note. Plans of the following applications are available in the office of the Town Clerk, to view by appointment. If any copies of letters to SHDC, stating objections or support for these applications, could be made available for the Town Council when it is making its recommendations it would be very helpful. Or of course members of the public are very welcome to come and speak in the Open Forum section of the meeting.
For councillors to consider the following applications and send observations to the District as Planning Authority:
• 1481/14/F REVISED PLAN Extension of existing annex to create separate dwelling Plot adjacent to Lower Deck, Shaws Corner, Devon Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8JL – Mr & Mrs N. Swabey
• 2869/14/VAR Variation on condition 2 (approved plans) of planning consent 41/0929/13/F change of ground levels within rear garden of plot 1 Lundy (formerly known as Trennels) Grenville Road, Salcombe TQ8 8BJ – Applicant Cord Developments
• 2928/14/VAR Removal of condition 24 of planning approval 41/0181/12/F to allow separate office use 28 Island Street, Salcombe TQ8 8DP – Applicant Mr M. Beck
• 2958/14/LB Listed building consent for internal alterations 17 Robinsons Row, Salcombe TQ8 8EU – Applicant Mr N. Freeman
• 2962/14/F Householder application for new garage, landscaping and associated works Beacon House, Bonfire Hill, Salcombe TQ8 8EF – Applicant Mr and Mrs S. Thomas
• 2989/14/F Householder application for conversion from two dwellings to single dwelling including alterations to garaging, parking, landscaping, terraces, extensions, fenestration and associated works Rozel, Devon Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8JH
• 3000/14/F Householder application for alterations to dormer and balcony Estuary View, 8a Devon Road, Salcombe TQ8 8EZ – Applicant Mr and Mrs Trafford.
WORK TO TREE PRESERVATION ORDER TREES
• 2953/14/TW (No. 54) Site: Ringrone, Sharpitor, Salcombe TQ8 8LW Proposal to fell Sweet Chestnut.
TREES IN A CONSERVATION AREA – EXEMPTION WORKS
• 3011/14/TCA Location The Orchard, Higher Batson, Salcombe TQ8 8NF. Proposal to fell Sycamore confirmed as exempt.
TREES IN A CONSERVATION AREA – NOTIFICATION TO UNDERTAKE WORKS
• 2494/14/TCA Fell Eucalyptus, 9 Elm, 1 Oak and Pear. Crown surgery to Ash. Woodland Management and scrub management. Molt Cottages, Batson, Salcombe. Approval to carry out works.
6. PRECEPT 2015 – 2016
To consider budget needs for the forthcoming year in view of the reduction in services by District and County Council and receive comments and/or changes to the proposals for the precept required for Town Council to be submitted to District Council.
7. PARK AND RIDE
(a) the quotations received for installing a height and width restriction barrier across the car park access and any works required to upgrade the surface.
(b) the criteria for inviting advertising on the Town Council seasonal bus and at the car park and such procedure for choosing interested parties.
8. EMERGENCY PLAN
To discuss feedback on the draft and consider such method for task and finish in order that this document can be progressed.
9. NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN UPDATE
To receive an update.
10. UPDATING POLICIES
To consider the updated Standing Orders and Financial Regulations as drafted and if approved to adopt.
11. DISTRICT – OUR PLAN
To consider the consultations commencing 1st December and included in their newsletter for response by 5th January 2015.
• Attendance at committees and other relevant meetings
To receive invoices for payment (to be approved).
14. NEXT MEETING
The next meeting will be on Wednesday 14th January 2015 at 6.30p.m