1. APOLOGIES To receive and note
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Members are invited to declare any pecuniary or non pecuniary interests, including the nature & extent of such interests, that they may have in any items to be considered at this meeting.
(members should leave the chamber).
3. OPEN FORUM
• Members of the public are invited to address the council on matters relating to this parish. • To receive District Councillors reports.
Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 12th December 2012 for consideration and if agreed for the Chair to sign as a true and correct record
5. PLANNING APPLICATIONS
NB: Members of the public please note. Plans of the following applications are available in the office of the Town Clerk, to view by appointment if any copies of letters to SHDC, stating objections or support for these applications, could be made available for the Town Council when it is making its recommendations it would be very helpful. Or of course members of the public are very welcome to come and speak on an application In the Open Forum section of the meeting.
For councillors to consider the following applications and send observations to the District as Planning Authority:
• 2521/12/F REVISED PLAN Proposed studio at Hazeldene, Sandhills Road, Salcombe – Applicant Mr and Mrs J. White
• 2741/12/F Householder application for proposed extension to rear of dwelling to include replacement balcony and installation of satellite dish 30 Church Street, Salcombe TQ8 8DH – Applicant Mrs S. Hawkins
• 2773/12/F Householder application for alterations and amendments to planning approval
41/1587/12/F for loft extension and alterations to dwelling. Construction of new double garage Soundings, Raleigh Road, Salcombe T08 813H – Applicant Mr A. Reid
• 2873/12/F Householder application for creation of new pitched roof Steppings, Main Road, Salcombe TQ8 BAA – Applicant Mrs S.C. Carlame
• 2913/12/F Householder application for re-building of existing garage to incorporate storage building with office space above 25 St. Dunstans Road, Salcombe TQ8 8AL – Applicant Mrs A. Turner-Jones
WORK TO TREE PRESERVATION ORDER TREES
• 2793/12/TW (Reg. 3346) Site The Garden House, 10 Platt Close, Salcombe – G6 – TI Proposal to reduce height by maximum of 4m to old pruning points. Reshape crown and reduce length of large southerly limb by 3m to old pruning point T2 – Sycamore – Reduce height by maximum of 4m to old pruning points. Reshape crown.
• 2839/12W (Reg. 3350) The Moult, Cliff Road, Salcombe – Proposal T0129 and T0647 —2 x Beech
Fell and Remove. T040 Oak. Crown lift by removing 3 minor lower branches overhanging the cliff. • 2919/12/TW (P’.12) Reg No, 3354 Site: Rockside Cliff Road, Salcombe. Proposal to carry out various works as per application form.
For town council to consider and offer observations
WORKS TO TREE PRESERVATION ORDER TREES: GRANT OF EXEMPTION
• 2832/12/TW Site The Valley House, Sandhills Road, Salcombe – Exemption to remove T2, T3, and T11 Fagus sylvatica
6. PRECEPT 2013/14
To consider the Finance Working Party proposals and set the precept for 2013/14.
To consider the following requests for grant:
(a) Salcombe Guides for a contribution towards £200.00 to take the group up to London in August to visit Buckingham Palace to celebrate 60 years of continuously running the group
(b) Beehives towards the cost of replacing their two bikes and two scooters up to £500
(c) Salcombe Christmas Lights Committee wish a contribution towards the costs of maintenance and provision of the lights.
8. CEMETERY MAINTENANCE
To consider whether additional weed spraying should be carried out in the cemeteries up to a cost of £1 50.
9. EMBER ROAD LANDSCAPING
To approve the documentation prepared and that papers can be sent out to tender
10. REMOVAL OF TOWN COUNCIL FURNITURE FROM CLIFF HOUSE
To ratify the payment of Forty Pounds £40.00 to have the Town Council tables and chairs removed from Cliff House and stored to allow redecoration of the Library room.
11. FOOTPATHS REVIEW
To consider the footpaths under review and a format for reporting back and agree allocation of such tasks.
12. REDFERN AND BONAVENTURE WOODS
To receive the expert reports and consider such actions required.
• Attendance at committees and other relevant meetings
14. POINTS OF INFORMATION
Items for Councillors to view will be placed on the table.
To receive invoices for payment (to be approved).
Members of the public and press are excluded from this part of the meeting at the item under discussion contain information exempt under the LGA 1972, Schedule 12(a) Part 1, Section 1 and the Public Bodies (Admissions to Meetings) Act 1960.
16. LEGAL OPINION
To note the advice from the town council solicitor with regard to various matters and consider any action required.